Solved: Olympus Digital Camera

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MikeyMike59

.....recently i bought a new digital camera but when i tried to install the software all i get is the following error message...

Error Number 0x80070725 Description: Incompatible Version Of The RPC Stub

....does anyone know what this means and what i can do to rectify it? I understand it could be a DLL problem

....thanks :)

Try re-registering the following files by doing as below,

Click Start/Run and type cmd then hit Enter.

In the box that opens type as below and hit Enter after each line.(Try checking the program after each line is done)

regsvr32 Oleaut32.dll
regsvr32 Olepro32.dll
regsvr32 Asycfilt.dll
regsvr32 Stdole2.tlb

If this doesn't work then insert your XP Install cd in the drive (Stop it if it autoruns)

Click Start/Run and type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

This will start the System File checking utility. Let the utility run and post back if you are are still having problems.

MikeyMike59

........my computer is around 5 years old and running windows98 second edition, i have the disc though, will it still work as you have described??

........thanks for your help

MikeyMike59

......thanks for your help guys, being a complete newbie to computers it looks a bit too scary for me to tackle so i am going to take it to my local comp shop to have it fixed, but at least i understand now what the problem is, and how to fix it.

.......thanks again guys
Mike

MikeyMike59

.....recently i bought a new digital camera but when i tried to install the software all i got was the following error message...
Error Number 0x80070725 Description: Incompatible Version Of The RPC Stub

.....i was refered to http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q105810 which told me to enter MS-DOS mode and type in three different lines of text. I was too scared to carry this out at the time but now i am having the same problem with an MP3 player i have purchased, so i decided to bite the bullet and go for it, but i have found it is not as easy as it sounds, can anyone tell me how i move from line to line in MS-DOS mode.......thanks Mike

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online