1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: On board Graphics Detected not Graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by syaoran7li, Jun 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. syaoran7li

syaoran7li Thread Starter

Hey everyone.... How r u all??? Nice to meet u all..... ^_^

well my friend bought a laptop it has on board graphics and also a additional nvidia graphics... now when I run game the on board graphics card is getting detected and not the nvidia card.. I tried in bios but in the display part there are only 2 options 1 is optimus whic allows bot nvidia vga and intel vga to work and the other one allows only the intel vga to work... so is there a way to make games recognise nvidia or can I disable onboard graphics through device manager??

laptop model: lenovo ideapad z570
    graphics card: Nvidia geforce gt 540m

and one more thing...In one of the game I checked PES 2012 it shows as its using onboard graphics.. and I tried arkham city and tried enabling hardware acceleration physx but it said the laptops hardware doesnt support it....

one more thing I just went to nvidia control panel and in there 3d settings and there global settings its written there preferred graphics processor is integrated graphics.. and I couldnt change it.....

can I disable the onboard graphics card in device manager???

thanks....

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Just change prefered to nvidia.
    It should help as long as the drivers are properly installed.
    Sounds like they are.

3. syaoran7li

couldnt change the preferred one.. its grayed out tat is locked.... and not only tat i have my game to use nvidia and tat too it chose automatically...but the games wont lauch says my graphics card doesnt support...

i searched around internet.. the problem seems to the optimus technology... which uses both on board and nvidia... and cuz of tat my game wont run... is there a way to turn off optimus technology???

4. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

Might try going the the nvidia site and installing the latest drivers.
    If it is not letting you select it,it may not be properly installed.

5. syaoran7li

Thanks...will try tat and will let u know... ^_^

6. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

syaoran7li, just exactly what "graphics card" are you using with the laptop? Brand, model number, connection method, etc. would all be useful.

7. syaoran7li

Thanks for replying.. sorry did i not mention tat....

Nvidia Geforce gt 540m

8. syaoran7li

hey i tried installing a new driver..but still the problem exists.... wat to do???

9. syaoran7li

Hey everyone....

i just found a button on my laptop which had a lock symbol next to it... and when i pressed it all games started detecting nvidia graphics card.... thank u soooooo much for helping me.. thanks....

^_^

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058139

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice