Solved: One account not working in Windows Live Mail?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johnnieq

Intel Q6600 2.4GHz
4GB DDR2
Winows 7 64-bit
AVG Free 64-bit
Windows Live Mail

I installed the Windows 7 trial OS.
I installed Windows Live Mail.

I setup all of my email accounts (gmail, Hotmail, Live and my ISP Parolink email).

All work great except the email from my internet service provider, which is my main email.

When I hit Sync they all Send/Receive ok until it reaches my Parolink account. Then it displays "Checking for new messages on 'Parolink (johnnieq)'... Downloading message 1"

And it remains there counting up and in about thirty seconds it shows "Downloading message 30128" and keeps on counting up at a blazing speed, but not one message is ever received.

The settings are correct, copied and pasted from my XP drive. I can access my email ok via a web browser. I have no viruses. (new OS installtion) I contacted my ISP and they see nothing wrong at their end.

Anyone have any ideas on what could cause this?:confused:

johnnieq

I installed Mozilla Thunderbird 3.0 Beta 3 and tried the problem account in it. When I tried Send/Recieve an error message appeared saying it could not create a folder? The path it displayed in the error message had "AVG" in it. So I opened AVG and disabled all the email options & retried Thunderbird. It worked. I tried Windows Live Mail & it worked.

AVG was giving me an warning message that I was not protected so in the Email Scanner Settings I re-enabled the "Scan outgoing messages" & "Display notification window when e-mail is being scanned" options. I left the "Scan incoming messages" box unchecked and the AVG security warning left & my email still worked.

Problem solved.

johnnieq

Problem solved, I thought.

I tried sending a email using the problematic account. It failed with this error message:

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject 'Re: Testing!'
Server Error: 452
Server Response: 452 Error: problem creating queue file
Server: 'mail.parolink.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC6C
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

Microsoft reports that error number is an SMTP error type "IXP_E_SMTP_452_NO_SYSTEM_STORAGE" meaning "No space to store messages." No space? It is a new 1TB drive containing nothing but the OS and an A/V!

So I disabled all three of AVG's email protection options & my email now works fine but AVG says I'm not fully protected.

Time for a new A/V app I guess.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online