1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: One Note

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bats, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bats

bats Thread Starter

Hello everybody on having some trouble with One Note from Microsoft. When I click on it to start the program it starts up normally it looks fine then suddenly it gets grayed out then there is an announcement that One Note has encountered a problem and tries to fix it it never does fix it and then it shuts down shuts down. All other Microsoft programs are working fine and it is Microsoft office version 2013
    Is it possible do is to re install one note?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I would try and do a "Repair" of Office.

3. bats

bats Thread Starter

Thank You for your very thoughtful suggestion , it was worth a shot . I am still with the same issue, starts beautifully in 3-5 seconds goes gray and then tries to fix itself and shuts down. .
    What would happen in I reinstalled the office program without uninstalling the current version. any ideas.
    Thank you again.

4. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Which Office suite do you have? Or did you buy a subscription?

5. bats

bats Thread Starter

I have Office 2013 I bought this machine and it was installed

6. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

If you bought a new computer with Office 2013 and it doesn't work you should call them and get it replaced or fixed.

7. bats

bats Thread Starter

That is what I should have done, a lady at my mom's work her brother builds them from scratch. I like everything about this machine it is superfast lots of memory , Just having this one issue.

8. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

The computer was built by someone? If it was, then that person must have purchased an Office 2013 suite and has a receipt and key from the download or a disk if one was purchased. It's included with Office Home & Student, Office Home & Business, and Office Professional.

9. bats

bats Thread Starter

Sorry for the poor layout but this be the beast I bought. Still coming another 16 gigs of ram and 240 g SSD. Let me know what you think of it. Professionally

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
    Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name PC43
    System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model To be filled by O.E.M.
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F9, 9/19/2012
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
    User Name >>>>>>
    Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 16.0 GB
    Available Physical Memory 12.5 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 31.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 28.1 GB
    Page File Space 16.0 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

10. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

That doesn't help me help out with OneNote. What suite did you purchase? Do you have a disk? Or a key so you can re-download it?

11. bats

bats Thread Starter

Sorry I did not believe I understood . The computer came with all programs loaded. The key I should be able to get the key using the standard tools. What I am wondering Why would only one program be affected? Should not the whole suite be damaged?
    I see that in MicroSoft has many problems with One Note. I was interested to see if I could fix this or if there was a work around or a "Fix it".
    I have the program I have done backups so I think rather then invest any more time in this issue. I will wipe the suite out and reinstate.
    Thank You for all your help. it is greatly appreciated.
    Micro Sweet in Canada. Bats

12. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

If the computer was built by someone then that person bought Office and installed it. It's different with OEM installs. If I had the problem, I would reinstall Office. If that's what you're going to do then I guess you have the disk or the download and key. You shouldn't need to reinstall Windows.

13. bats

bats Thread Starter

As always thank you very much the group is fantastic.

14. bats

bats Thread Starter

This post I now considered closed. Here is what I found.
    'Troj/Agent-OIK' found in file HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\1\1409

Malware Bytes, Avast, SuperAntispyware and several others did not find this bug. It was found using Sophos,
    Thanks for everyones help; deeply appreciated.

15. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

If your new computer has a virus, then I think I would talk to the person who built it and bought and installed Office. I would be very concerned.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1117186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice