1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Onedrive sync problem on Windows 8

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by amir77a, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. amir77a

amir77a Thread Starter

Hi,

Hope I'm posting it in the correct forum.

I'm trying to sync between 2 computers, both running Windows 8.
    The first is my computer, and the second belongs to my wife.

In my computer within the "documents" folder, there is a folder called "my wife".
    That folder is the actual "documents" folder of my wife's computer.

I want to sync ONLY that specific folder between her computer and mine, using Onedrive sync.
    So the result would be that she will have only her "documents" folder, I'll have mine, but I would have a synced folder of her documents.

Until now, her computer was running Windows 7, so I installed Onedrive there, and all was running perfect.

Now with Windows 8, I was enforced to register and log her into her own MS/Onedrive account, so I don't know how can I sync with both accounts.
    This is Windows 8 limitation, that why I posted that here.

Hope I well explained myself.

Many thanks for your advise.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    does this help at all
    http://www.howtogeek.com/174765/how-to-sync-any-folder-with-skydrive-on-windows-8.1/
    its a very old link as its still using the old name for onedrive Skydrive - but its talking about syncing with 8.1
    i find that one drive and windows 8 is a nuisance as if you setup a local account only on 8.1 - you can use onedrive without changing to a MSaccount login - which quite a few of my clients dont want as they are not using the apps and dont want a password login everytime

3. strollin

strollin

Since I use a local account on my Win 8.1 computers, Windows won't let me use OneDrive. I got around that using this little program: SyncDriver for OneDrive. It will let you do what you want to do without forcing you to use a MS account on your wife's computer.

4. amir77a

amir77a Thread Starter

Huge THANKS!

Works like a charm, seems to work much better than MS original app.

My useful advise of the day :)

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    that looks like a very useful program - just trying out on windows 7 and will install on a few W8 machines i have setup for people

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice