1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Online Bill Pay (OBP)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by thepcjanitor, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thepcjanitor

thepcjanitor Thread Starter

Anyone care to discuss OBP methods? Like is there any OBP service which makes it clear when they'll do Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT) as opposed to sending a paper check?

The banks have a pretty good thing going. It used to be called kiting checks: I pay a bill "electronically" and they debit my account immediately, but send a paper check which takes days to arrive and clear. No wonder they offer a free service to do that. Saves me envelope, stamp, and some effort, but doesn't do "instant" electronic payments, which is what I'd like.

I'd pay a monthly fee if I could find such a service. Any suggestions?

2. OBP

OBP

Any defamatory remarks and I will have sue. ;)

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Check kiting is fraud.

If you want direct bill pay, ask your bank or pick a bank that offers it. Many do, some for a fee.

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Instant electronic funds are depednant upon the oragnization AND their affiliation to the banking service you use.

E.G. I can EFT a payment to my Car Loan people but not EFT a payment to my Laundry service and Lawn service. With the Laundry/Lawn services they get a generated check and I have to do it days in advance.

No matter the service its going to be the same I don't know of any OBP service that can EFT to everyone everywhere. I'ld suggest making a list of all your top bills and then calling aorund and finding out how many you can get to match with EFT and go that route.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!