1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Open Multiple programs at once

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Bondy111, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bondy111

Bondy111 Thread Starter

Is it possible to make a command prompt command that opens multiples of the same program, for example DVD videosoft's free video to MP3 converter, to convert my child's primary school musical of "Midsummer Night's Dream", so I can listen to it as a podcast.
    I have 20 files, and want to know if I can open 20 of the same program just by typing something into the control panel. I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition, (If that makes any difference)

Thanks

2. kniht

kniht

3. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

I just went to the DVDVideosoft website and its says; Free Video to MP3 Converter 3.1.1.3(now with batch mode support)

The batch mode support part should allow you to load up some or all of your files and process them in order from first to last, all unattended once once you load and start the process.

In general you'd be looking for batch mode processing with most processor-intensive activities (such as conversions/renders) because if you opened up say 20 instances of the same program and tried running each on a seperate job at the same time it would choke even a good quad processor.

4. netztonia

netztonia

Yeah batch mode can help solve your problem. So instead of opening multiple programs in your desktop why not put them all together. It saves space in your desktop and your ram as well. :cool:

5. Bondy111

Bondy111 Thread Starter

Thanks everyone :) (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/731994