1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Open Office software-how do I transfer MS works docs into Open Office applica

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by lafnirvana, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lafnirvana

lafnirvana Thread Starter

I have Microsoft Works docs saved on my new PC (copied from old PC via flash drive). My new PC (OS Windows 7) does not have MS Works so I downloaded Open Office to use as my word processor. My question-how can I transfer the MS Works docs from their location on my PC into the Open Office software.

Any input appreciated.

2. Rockn

Rockn

3. SRD

SRD

If the files have a .doc extension, you should be able to double-click on them and Open Office Writer should launch and open the file, else you can tell Windows to open the file with Writer.

4. lafnirvana

lafnirvana Thread Starter

I ended up switching to libreoffice. Now I can access my MS Works docs. And I like the software just as much as openoffice (which makes sense since the creators of LO left Oracle and OO to in order to create and offer another free software option to MS Office).

5. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor

You should have been able to simply open the Works files in OpenOffice. I have converted some Works spreadsheets this way.

Peace...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1004542

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice