1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) Open/Save History

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Hue, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hue

Hue Thread Starter

In @Winspy I see there are itmes in the Open/Save category. How do you delete the Open/Save history in XP?

Hue

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    In the registry most likely.

Search for the listing (the file you have in the list). They should be under the OpenRecent folder in hte registry.

3. Hue

Hue Thread Starter

T,

I'm a relative newbie. Can you point me to the location in the registry where I might find the Open/Recent folder? Is this the same as Open/Save?

Thank You,
    Hue

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Start > Run. Type regedit

Go to Edit, Find. Type in the filename that has appeared. For example let's say file1.mpg

When it searches for file1.mpg it should find it in the folder that contains the open recent files.

It might be in HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > @WINSPY > RECENTFILELIST. This is the location for my Windows Media Player (note that for me @WINSPY is changed to Microsoft > MediaPlayer.)

5. Hue

Hue Thread Starter

ah, yes... that's the ticket :) thanks.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    You're welcome! :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220405

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice