(Solved) Open/Save History

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hue

In @Winspy I see there are itmes in the Open/Save category. How do you delete the Open/Save history in XP?

Hue

Couriant

James
In the registry most likely.

Search for the listing (the file you have in the list). They should be under the OpenRecent folder in hte registry.

Hue

T,

I'm a relative newbie. Can you point me to the location in the registry where I might find the Open/Recent folder? Is this the same as Open/Save?

Thank You,
Hue

Couriant

James
Start > Run. Type regedit

Go to Edit, Find. Type in the filename that has appeared. For example let's say file1.mpg

When it searches for file1.mpg it should find it in the folder that contains the open recent files.

It might be in HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > @WINSPY > RECENTFILELIST. This is the location for my Windows Media Player (note that for me @WINSPY is changed to Microsoft > MediaPlayer.)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online