1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Open webpages in plain text

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by giovannicosta, Aug 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. giovannicosta

giovannicosta Thread Starter

I would like to know how you can open a web page in plain text format (not HTML) so that no active content will run without me allowing, I dont want to open all my web pages like this but only some, the ones I know that have active content. Maybe a keyboard shortcut?

2. giovannicosta

3. giovannicosta

I would like to know how you can open a web page in plain text format (not HTML) so that no active content will run without me allowing, I dont want to open all my web pages like this but only some, the ones I know that have active content. Maybe a keyboard shortcut?

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

In IE options, set the option either off or ask, and then put your "allowed" sites in Trusted Sites.

5. giovannicosta

6. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Ok, since you didn't seem to like that option.

Do a similar thing, except place your "plain text" sites in Restricted Sites and for that area, disable active content.

7. giovannicosta

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/495701

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice