1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: opening pps attachment in windows mail

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by zoomer07601, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zoomer07601

zoomer07601 Thread Starter

Should be grateful for help with "setting association". I get a "set association" error message, when I try to open a pps attachment in VISTA/Windows mail. Is there a simple way to open it? I have no trouble opening this attachment (also a .doc attachment ) in verizon yahoo mail but have been unable to deal with it in Windows mail. Cannot find a "set association" connection in control panel. And what association should I set if I do find, how. Thanks in advance for your help, zoomer 07601

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    If you have Microsoft Office and have PowerPoint as part of it, or if you have the free PowerPoint viewer, you can open and view it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. zoomer07601

Dear Flavallee: Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I have power point viewer 2007. I guess that's why I can open the attachment in verizon yahoo email. But, as I mentioned, it does not work for me in windows mail. What can I do to open it? Thanks in ad vance, zoomer07601

4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Try saving the .PPS attachment and then right-click on it and then click "Open With - - -" and then select "PowerPoint Viewer".

I don't use nor am familiar with Yahoo Mail.

---------------------------------------------------------------

5. zoomer07601

thanks for your help, and this worked fine. But it is not what I was looking for, because I would have to go through this procedure every time I want to open a pps file in windows mail. When I tried to open the same pps attachment after saving it etc as per your advice, I got the same error message and could not open it. What I was hoping to find, was a method so that once and for all I could open a pps file in windows mail.(Otherwise I might just as well open the file without a problem in Internet Explorer) and my verizon yahoo mail, as I did before. Thanks again for your trying to help. If I misundestood your instructions, kindly let me know and show me how to do it right.

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't misunderstand my instructions.

I'm not there to see exactly what's happening, so I don't know what else to advise you. :eek:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

7. zoomer07601

Thanks for trying, I appreciate your trying to help.Better luck next time. Best wishes, Zoomer07601

8. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

9. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  10. zoomer07601

Dear Outcaste: Thank you very much for your help This solvede my problem. Yourr help is much appreciated. Zoomer07601

11. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

You're Welcome!

If your issue has been resolved you (and ONLY you) can mark this thread Solved by using the Mark Solved button at the Top Left of this thread (above the first post) :)

[​IMG]

Jerry

12. zoomer07601

issue has been resolvede - thank you very much

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/923624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice