1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Opening Secure Sites

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jesussaves24, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jesussaves24

jesussaves24 Thread Starter

I recently removed About:Blank from my computer, and alot of files that were infected were deleted in the process. Now, I am not able to access secure websites like Bank of America Online and Office of Recovery Services website. I am afraid, even though I am fairly well educated in computers and technology, that something important was deleted along the way.

2. JayT

JayT

Are the Privacy settings set to accept cookies from the sites you are unable to access? Tools> Internet Options> Advanced or Edit (check both)> then click OK> OK>

Have you tried lowering your internet security settings?
    Tools> Internet Options> Security> click on Internet Zone> if Security Level is "Custom" then click on Default. (Or you may need to use the slider to set the security level lower). Then click Apply> then OK.

For full trouble shooting, see:

http://www.askmarvin.ca/forums/index.php?showtopic=1696

3. jesussaves24

Yes, I had already checked that, I just went back and looked again, and nothing there should be causing a problem, all the levels are normal.

4. JayT

JayT

Did you follow all the troubleshooting tips in the link I posted? Did you re-register the dill files, etc?

5. jesussaves24

Marvin suggested reinstalling Internet Explorer, which is what I about to do

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice