1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Opening two programs at the same time

Discussion in 'Games' started by Giglamesch, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Giglamesch

Giglamesch Thread Starter

Is there anyway to make two programs open at the same time with just clicking one of them?
    Example:
    I want to run COD 4 but i want to use my USB controller so I also want to open xpadder.exe, but i dont want to have to click one and then the other as this gets annoying. Is there anyway to tell my computer that when i click COD4 iwant it to open xpadder.exe at the same time?

2. Giglamesch

I tried to make a batch file like this:

Start E:\Desktop\Xpadder.exe
    taskkill/IM xpadder.exe

Start C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\

but it says "windows cannot find 'C:\Program' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try agin.

What do I do?

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Put the entire path in quotes.

4. Giglamesch

I tried that it made no differance, howevernow i have putall the spaces in " " it loads COD4 but says "Couldn't load filesSysCheck.cfg. Makesure Call of Duty is run from the correct folder"

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I don't know what you mean by putting all the spaces in quotes. You put the entire path in quotes like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\"

You certainly won't get the same error. As for the other error, it's probably because you're running the batch file from a folder other than the one where the program executable is stored.

6. Giglamesch

I mean i did it like this \/

C:\Program" "Files" "(x86)\Activision\Call" "of" "Duty" "4" "-" "Modern Warfare\

They way you suggested made no differance

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

That definitely isn't how you use quotes for a path in a batch file. The line I provided won't do anything because there's no call to an actual executable. It's just a folder name.

8. Giglamesch

sorry I forgot to write the executable here, in the actual batch I have wrote it. In you way CMD just goes to E:\Desktop, but doesnt open the program

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Why don't you post the entire contents of the batch file.

10. Giglamesch

other than the executable misssing, that was the whole content. but i have fixed it now:

@echo off

start e:\Access\cod4.lnk

Start E:\Profile\Xpadder.exe

i think the fact that the file location had so many \ and spaces it caused cmd to mess up

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice