Solved: Opening up new IE8 page in Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bj nick

Ok, this one should be easy: How do I open up a new window in IE8 that opens to the home page, NOT a duplicate of the page I happen to be on.

Thanks!

I was unaware this was an option, all the computers i use open new tabs or new instances of IE into the homepage. Do you have a homepage set in Tools > Internet Options ?

does this link pertain to your problem? http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...-browsing-session-in-ie8-internet-explorer-8/
You may or may not be running a professional edition of Windows 7, but there is also a registry key described in that article. If that's something you decide to try, be sure to back up the registry before doing so, whether you create a system restore point, or have a personal favorite way of doing a registry backup.

Does this happen with a new Window/Instance of IE8 or when you open new Tabs? or Both?

bj nick

Hi Galoryber, I do have a homepage set; it's igoogle. I am not sure if it's windows 7 pro or just home. I'd rather not get into registry stuff....

Timmie, I do get a new page with hitting that tab, but it is not my homepage; it says "what do you want to do next?" It is already an improvement, at least. But surprised I can't just open up a home page....

aka Brett

Banned
Tools
Internet options
Tabs
Select when new tab is opened go to first home page

bj nick

Oops......spoke too soon. No matter what I do to change that setting, the new page will always come up as a duplicate of the page I happen to be on. I've included a screen shot of the tabs box, so you can see if maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'd appreciate if you'd look it over. Thanks!

Attachments

bj nick

Brett, I carefully compared my setting to yours and they match 100%. However, if I hit control N, I get the same page I happen to be on....it will not open to my home page. Any ideas?

bj nick

Ok.....NOW this is resolved. Thanks, Brett; control T brings up a new page which opens to the home page, just what I wanted. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online