1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Opening Vista PowerPoint Attachments

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by larguy, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larguy

larguy Thread Starter

I have PowerPoint under Vista. Previously, I could open all incoming Powerpoint attachments directly and in my Microsoft Windows Live Mail. Now I cannot open any PowerPoint attachments and get a message: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the set association control panel."

I have checked the control panel associations and defaults and .pps extensions show Microsoft Power Point Viewer as default -- but it does not seem to be operative.

I can save the PowerPoint attachments and then open same without problems.

I need suggestions on how to get this problem resolved and return to where I was in the past.

Thanks

2. Tuvach

Tuvach

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice