1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Opinions on a PSU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tanis, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tanis

Tanis Thread Starter

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi,

I have used OCZ units before and have a ModXtream 850w in my current machine. Was just wondering if anyone had any experience / knowledge on the OCZ ZS series units, in particular the one linked below:

http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-zs-series-550w-750w-power-supply.html

Am thinking of getting this to run a system with E6600 dual core CPU, GTX460, 4Gb RAM, 1TB SATA II.

2. Simba7

Simba7

That might be an alright one.

The better ones are usually Seasonic, Corsair, Antec, PC Power & Cooling, Enermax, and Cooler Master.

3. dai

dai

if any psu comes with less than a 5yr warranty,it is suspect

4. Tanis

Tanis Thread Starter

First Name:
    Shane
    Managed to find a good deal on a new Corsair TX650 in the end, so went with that as I know they are decent.

5. dai

dai

i put the same in my daughters computer a few years ago,still running merrily along

6. Tanis

Tanis Thread Starter

First Name:
    Shane
    I was trying to get the best cost / quality ratio. Dont have a great deal to spend but have been promising to upgrade my sons PC a bit for a while now and as its his birthday said I would sort it out.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice