Solved: Opions Wanted as to Whether to Leave Battery in Laptop or Run it Without

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tuppence2

Hello everyone.

I am looking for the pros and cons of taking out my laptop battery. There's nothing wrong with it at this time. I very seldom use the laptop on battery power.

What do you think?

Penny:)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Personally, I'd leave it in. Most newer laptops use Lithium batteries, and they like to be fully charged.

In all my previous and in my current laptops I have left the battery in, although it's seldom used on battery.

Laptops have smart charging circuitry that does not cause battery damage by leaving them on charge. And if the power goes off, your work is not lost....

Tuppence2

Hello John and Kiwiguy.

Thanks very much for your advice. I'll leave the battery where it is. :)

Penny

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts