Solved: Optical Drive not Being Recognised in Windows 8 Pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nitrous123

Spec:
intel i5 2500k 3.6Ghz
GPU: GTX 570 Gainward
OS SSD: intel 520 120GB
HDD: Samsung F3 1tb
Optical Drive: LG BH10LS38
Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 4x2 (8GB)

Hi Tech Guys,
I recently installed Windows 8 Pro running a clean install removing Windows 7 Ultimate from my PC.
On my previous OS my LG BH10LS38 Blu Ray drive was working fine.
But now I have installed windows 8 I can no longer play DVDs, Blu Rays or any discs at all.
I have checked device manager and it does not display in the list nor is there a exclamation mark showing device errors.
I have checked my Bios and it appears the settings for Sata CD/Drive were set to Auto but then i changed it to Auto.
Same issue still remains. And when I open my Blu Ray drive it then closes again by it self, as if someone would of pressed the eject to close the drive.
So I tried inserting a disc to see whether it would play, I have had no response from the PC. It does not autoplay or prompt for new hardware.
I read other forums saying to try installing the windows media center pack, I used my free code and I have had no success.
I'm pretty stumped I hope someone can help me thanks

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Sorry you have waited a little while for a reply
I have taken the motherboard spec from your computer spec as you do not list it in your post

presuming it is correct
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3892#dl

and please do check - have you installed the recent drivers for the Intel Rapid Storage driver tech and THE HOTFIX for the same
Also some people have had success by disabling the intel management engine.

nitrous123

Sorry I have resolved the issue now I unplugged the Sata and it was lose i think i'll have to get a another sata cable that is more secure thanks any way

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online