Solved: Optimal MTU Size - Help required please!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Syst3mSh0ck

Hey, im trying to configure an optimal MTU size for my broadband connection, I've managed to determine that 1458 bytes is the optimal size for my router on the WAN side, but I don't know what to set my local adapter to, because I am aware of a 28 byte header overhead associated with it, so should I set my local adapter to 1430 or 1458 bytes mtu with netsh? Any help appreciated! :D

laymans terms: I am trying to maximize throughput and reduce fragmentation of packets coming from my local adapter to the remote host, should the MTU size on my router and local adapter be the same? (It's hard to explain networking in layman's terms lol)

Windows default is 1500

I Never found any benefit tweaking from that number.

Syst3mSh0ck

Thanks for the assistance, I should find something better to do with my free time lol.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online