Solved: Optimisers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

guitarelf

I've been using PC PitStop for a while, but have just discovered TCP Optimiser. So, a few questions:
1. Would having both be advantageous?
2. Is one better than the other?
3. Is there a better optimiser than either of them?

Thanks in antis.,
guitarelf. :)

guitarelf said:
I've been using PC PitStop for a while, but have just discovered TCP Optimiser. So, a few questions:
1. Would having both be advantageous?
2. Is one better than the other?
3. Is there a better optimiser than either of them?

Thanks in antis.,
guitarelf. :)
Hi guitarelf,

Try Cablenut at: http://www.cablenut.com/

-- Tom

P.S. Do you use any one of those electronic guitar tuners?

Stoner

Banned
I recently used Cablenut and with the help from flavalee for many of the settings, was rewarded with significant improvements in connection speed.

see TSG LINK

guitarelf

Thanks, lotuseclat79 & stoner. Whatever optimiser I use, it has to have a "non-tech" approach. That's why PC PitStop is so appealing. I don't have any in-depth tech knowledge to individually tweak loads of parameters, but I do want my computer to run as sweetly as possible!
So, another question:
1. Is Cablenut significantly more effective than PC PitStop?
2. Is Cablenut as easy to use as PC PitStop?
What do you think?

PS lotuseclat79....PM me about your guitar tuner question or try posting on "Mudcat"

Happy Days,
guitarelf. (y) :)

guitarelf

Really would appreciate some feedback please. I know it's not exactly "life-threatening" stuff, but it IS of interest to me!!
Happy Days,
Guitarelf. :( ;) :)

guitarelf said:
Really would appreciate some feedback please. I know it's not exactly "life-threatening" stuff, but it IS of interest to me!!
Happy Days,
Guitarelf. :( ;) :)
Hi Guitarelf,

Perhaps Stoner can point us to the tread where he received help from flavallee?

-- Tom

guitarelf

I've never known this Forum be so quiet....isn't there anyone out there who can share their experience/knowledge on Optimisers?....is it something I said?? ;) :)
Happy Days,
Guitarelf. :( :confused: :)

guitarelf said:
I've never known this Forum be so quiet....isn't there anyone out there who can share their experience/knowledge on Optimisers?....is it something I said?? ;) :)
Happy Days,
Guitarelf. :( :confused: :)
Hi Guitarelf,

At this point, if I were you, I would try to:
1) issue a search for Stoner using Advanced search for user by that name for the messages initiated by Stoner (not all of Stoner's messages), looking for the thread where flavallee gave him advice about using Cablenut (maybe in a thread with TCP and Optimization or something like that.
2) issue a PM to flavallee for the same help Stoner got re: Cablenut.

Good luck,

-- Tom

guitarelf

Thanks, lotuseclat79, it was beginning to feel like the forum-equivalent of the "Marie Celeste"!! Good advice which I will follow....I will post back with progress news as & when,
Very Best,
Guitarelf. :) (y)

mtzlplex

Account Closed
That thread is located in the tips and tricks forum, and the thread is called" faster broadband",and has three pgs.

Regards
IMP49

guitarelf

IMP49, I've read all the stuff at "faster broadband" & I'm afraid to say that its way out of my league!! I'm still at the "Tick the box that says fix it for me " stage!! Perhaps its best I just stick with PC PitStop & then maybe I can play with the big boys later! Don't be too hard on me, I'm a more than interested senior who was dragged kicking & screaming into the digital revolution & now enjoys every minute of it, but I do know my limitations!!
Thanks for your time & patience,
Happy Days,
Guitarelf. ;) :) :D
PS....Thanks to lotus & stoner too.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online