1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: organigram?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by valis, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valis

valis Moderator Thread Starter

Got a user who created a word document two years ago using Office 2k. Now, he has Office 2k3, and cannot modify a flow chart he created under the old office. The computer hasn't changed, only the application. The error he gets is 'The server application, source file, or item cannot be found. Make sure the application is properly installed, and that it has not been deleted, moved, or renamed.'

When googling it, I come across many references to an 'organigram', which is in fact how he refers to the object. I looked on the office site as well as on the CD, and I believe that everything is installed (we generally don't send out machines unless they have the complete office install - get what you pay for and all).

Any ideas?

tia,

v

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The error message indicates that the file is corrupt on on media that can't be read from. Is this file on the hard drive? Try opening Word (not a file, just the program), and then click File -> Open, and select Recover from any file in "Files of type" drop-down box.

3. valis

yes, it's local. I haven't tried to open it locally on MY machine, as the companies are not technically connected, (but the IT always is). I will try the suggested and get back to you.

v

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Which application did he use in office to make the flow chart originally? I don't know of any Office suite flowchart tool the CLOSEST I can think of is orgchart and this is NOT part of Office 2003 which may be the cause of the problem.

If its an orgchart and NOT a flowchart I was able to do the following "hack" on a PC and get it to work.

Put in the old Office 2000 media. Pick a custom install. Makesure nothing installs except for the org chart tool. (Note if your running with non admin permissions you may have to go into the registry and make a few changes there as well you will know the user will get an error and googling the error gives you pages that refer to a registry key you have to give pemrmissons to)

5. valis

bingo, orgchart.exe did it. KNEW that if I posted here, I'd be able to find it. Thanks all, and thanks ST yet again......

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice