1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: OS replacement

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ExtremeNihilism, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExtremeNihilism

ExtremeNihilism Thread Starter

i'm at a friends on my laptop right now. they have an old computer that a friend of theirs gave them. the OS on it right now is Windows 2000 professional. the computer is too old to handle this so they wish to put on Windows 95 as the computer would be able to handle it better. they have the software for Windows 95 to put on it. could someone take me step-by-step through how to get rid of the one they have on now? i believe putting Windows 95 on now would be pretty self-explanatory.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Go here:
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

Download and create a Windows 9x boot floppy, format the HDD and then install Windows 95.

All data will be lost when performing this.

3. ExtremeNihilism

ExtremeNihilism Thread Starter

cancel this. thnx for the help tho kiwiguy. they're just taking it to somebody to get it worked on anyways.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541448

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice