1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: OS software not authentic?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mwredt, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwredt

mwredt Thread Starter

My friend is running and has been running Windows XP Pro for some time on a computer she bought from another person. Recently she says she has been getting a window come up that says it may not be authentic. It wants her to buy an authentic one but she can click on something that gives her 15 more days. When that time is up the same thing happens again and she can click on that something and get 15 more days.
    As you can see my info is a little sketchy; I haven't had an opportunity to look at it yet, but I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this situation and can tell me what is happening.

2. jamesh2923

jamesh2923

For some reason Windows thinks that something has changed in the computer or the Windows was never authenticed.
    Call MS tech support and have the product key handy. They can help fix this problem.
    I had this happen to me.

3. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice