1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Other Devices "no sound"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Toti, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Hi guys.

Beforehand thanks for assitance and help and pls. forgive my English not my first lenguaje :eek:

My O.S.--------------- Windows XP-Pro X64_SP2
    MOBO ---------------- ASUS P5RD1-VM
    AUDIO---------------- ADI1986A 6 channel High Definition audio CODEC
    LAN-------------------- Realteck RTL8201CL
    SOUND CARD----- Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1_PCI

OK ..now...I know this been asked a lots of times , I been reading the post of most of the ppl. that have trouble with the sound after reformating the computer and installing a new O.S. but can find a solution similar to mine with XP x 64 bit:(

So I'm in the same boat ,,, Reformate my computer Install Xp x64 and no sound .
    But I tried already downloading the sound driver for my Motherboard in ASUS run the exe. but no sound still , the Yellow question mark still in the Other Devices / Multimedia Audio Controller :(
    Now....
    I have in desktop the HD Audio Codec realteck WDM_R247 "exe"
    The AC97 audio codec WDM_A406 "exe'.
    The ASUS sound driver 4150_64 Bit
    The new audacity-win-unicode 1.3.9 driver for my soundcard one for Windows XP x64.
    Becasue the driver in the disc of the soundcard cant not be installed completely , starts but sudddenly stops and shows a window saying :
    --------------Pls. Plug-In Xtreme Sound PCI -------------

So I dont know what im doing wrong at this stage :eek:

Pls can someone point me in the right direction of what step I'm missing and in wich order of installing, with all this sound drivers options I don't know wich one I need first to install and wich one I dont really need, for sure my sound card , but the other 3 ?
    1.- 4150_64 Bit from ASUS /
    2.- AC97 Audio Codec from realteck /
    2.- H.D. Audio Codec from realteck /

or what driver Im missing? :confused:

tak guys

Toti

2. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

OK guys ....

Well I decide to try again .
    This time I went to Device manager and right Click on the Multimedia Audio controller and right click and Update driver.

Then I choose AC97_WDM_A406 and select teh option " install from a place I already have" , so I point it to the new download from realteck ( this itme I choose the ZIP folder downloaded from realteck for XP x64 ) from my desktop.

So I create a new folder and unzipped to it , then point to the WDM folder to update just the driver, it ran ok then I reboot my computer and I went to Sounds and Audio devices Properties and choose :
    From Audio tab under Sound playback .......Matrox Audio
    Sound recording....... Matrox Audio
    MIDI music palyback....... Microsoft GS Waveatable SW Synth
    From Voice Tab under Voice playback ....... Matrox Audio
    Voice recording ....... Matrox Audio

Then Reboot and the sound was back !!
    So I went back to Sounds and Audio Devices Properties and test hardware from the Mic. all OK the MIc function correctly and sound is ok...... BUT......... here 's one thing .

When I open from the " realteck folder " the "sound manager" and check in GENERAL Tab I can see :
    Audio driver Version 5.10.0.6300
    Direct X Version 9.0c
    Audio controller N/A !!??
    Audio Codec ---------- !!??

So ....ther 's nothing in there to show me I got the Audio Controller and the Audio Codec !

So now Im a little confused .... from where Im gona download to get those and should I install the HD audio codecs I already have or will create a conflict ?

And what about the sound driver from ASUS 4150_64 Bit ?

Next should I try to Install now the Sound Card disabling the Matrox "realteck" sound software or should I first Install all the Audio controller and Audi codec ?

Thasnk

Toti

3. warrior19

warrior19

4. warrior19

warrior19

5. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

HI warrior :)

Thanks for help, my question here is wich drivers should I install next and wich order ?

I got sound now is back when I instal via WDm zip folder.... but it shows I dont have an Audio controller and audio codec.

In Device manager under Sound,video and game controllers it appears with a YELLOW exclamation mark .. VIA AC'97 Audio Controller !!

6. warrior19

warrior19

Have you installed the Motherboard driver. This would be 1st. Motherboard Driver for XP 64Bit. http://www.nodevice.com/driver/compa...ard/page4.html

Then this http://driverscollection.com/?file_id=25665
    If you managed to get it working with other drivers you might have got it partially working but try fully uninstalling everything then clean installing these?

Otherwise it looks like you have loads of drivers some of which are needed and some are not. This will of confused the PC. Especially as it is XP 64-bit and some of the drivers may not be fully 64-bit capable!

7. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

OK well Im gonna Uninstall the Realteck AC97x 64 and then Realteck XP HD 64 audio drivers , then run cleaner reboot and Install first the ASUS motherboard driver SOUNdMAX and then ULi Lan.

I have already ULi hope that doesn't create a conflict with the already existence drivers.

brb with finds.
    thnks a lot warrior19

8. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Ohh my bad ......I was checking the version of the Windows Xp x64 in my computer and it says is version 2003.

So im donloading again teh driver for P5RD1-VM for Xp x64 version 2003 and wil install again , the one I donwload was just XP x64 and was not installing correctly pls. Im sorry i didnt saw that 2003 version , but I'm correcting right now and I brb .

Hope this time it instal correctly I was getting an error saying:

( Cannot find teh MMDRIVER.INF file needed to Install drivers, could be damaged or may not be in your Windows System 32 directory.- Copy teh Original Disc 1 to your System32 Directory.
    and apply the driver again . )

Toti

9. warrior19

warrior19

No problem and no need to apologise. Yes make sure you remove incorrect drivers cleanly and install correct ones as I think that will help!

10. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

OK im back ...

warrior19 , you know what happen... ok , I remove all the incorrect drivers from my computer , a lot o work searching for every lil thing in the registries ok , once I was sure everything was deleted and in between reboots anda lot o coffee, I start first to download the ASUS driver as it has to be doen ..right?

Ok well after donwloading the driver updating teh codecs ..guees what ... NO SOUND !!! eeekkkk !! I went grab another cup o cofffe and think..think...

we then It was very strange but this what I did, i went again to the sound properties adn saw I have that MAXTOR choice in between the SOUNDMAX drivers and codecs.

So I choose the MAXTOR for sound repaly and voice and.... the sound was back, So I got al confused because I clean all the computer of sound drivers, anyhow the SOUNDMAX drivers don't work at all , dont give me sound :( .

Now what I have installed it's REALTECk H.D. codec and REALTECH control panel sound driver, stil in control anel shows NO CODEC and no AUDIO CONTROLLER but i have sound I been bot able to INSTALL teh drivers for my Sound Card yet :( .

Do I need to open my computer pull it out and tehn place it again to see if it recognized? and tehn apply teh sound driver?

I very tired my eyes are closing so I wait for respinse to see what can i do and then gonna take a nap , then proceed with what is d best choice ..

Thask for helping me in this .

Toti

11. warrior19

warrior19

He he take a nap first. :) I am a bit confused with all the software and setup of your PC.

But I think I have just realised you have sound built into the motherboard and a seperate sound card in a PCI expansion slot. If that is the case i think you need to do the following:

1. Goto BIOS settings when PC switched on (press DEL or F2 or F12 at power up) and look for an option to disable onboard sound!
    2. Boot PC and uninstall everything to do with ADI1986A 6 channel High Definition audio CODEC then reboot.
    3. Download and install the Windows XP 64-bit drivers from http://www.diamondmm.com/XS51.php
    4. You are plugging the speakers into this card and not the sound ports on the motherboard correct? http://www.diamondmm.com/images/materials/new/xtreme_sound_xs51_5-1_product_image.jpg

I think that is the cause of the confusion having onboard sound and PCI sound enabled at the same time?

12. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

ok that is it Is fix thanks a lot Warrior19 !!!

That did it :) that fix the sound .
    Thanks a lot for ur help an patience.

But now .....I have another trouble about the computer we decide to Install new motherboard with new power source and new processor and memory, but with same video card and same sound card.
    but I will post the "trouble" it in the correct forums of the site.

Thank you very much warrior19 ......maybe you can point me the correct direction in this "new trouble as well "........ I know ..I know...what are you gonna say .... OMG!! this girls get out of one and immediately get inside of another one trouble !! :).
    pls. sorry we are learning about all this computer techs..

I gonna place this post as SOLVED !!

Thaks a lOt !
    T and K.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917037

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice