Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Outlet Express 6 problem

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Lance1 
#1 ·
I have a email in Outlet Express that won't load/open/delete. If I try to open it or delete it my Outlet Express stops working and I have to exit it via "End Program".
This started when Outlet Express locked up while receiving emails. When I rebooted I had two copies of the same email/s and other emails that where loading at the same time...then it locked up again and now three copies of the same emails.
I was able to open and or delete all emails except one, the one I can't get rid of.
Help.
Noel

#2 ·
Welcome to TSG....

Do you have the install software for Outlet Express 6.0?

What I would do is backup all of the existing email that is in Outlet Express 6.0 and then un-install it and reboot and then re-install the program and set up all of your account info again and then import your addresses and email back in.

WHat has happened is you might have gotten some corrupted emails and they have caused outlet express to become unstable.

#3 ·
ozrom1e said:
Welcome to TSG....

Do you have the install software for Outlet Express 6.0?

What I would do is backup all of the existing email that is in Outlet Express 6.0 and then un-install it and reboot and then re-install the program and set up all of your account info again and then import your addresses and email back in.

WHat has happened is you might have gotten some corrupted emails and they have caused outlet express to become unstable.
Thanks for your reply.I don't have software to reinstall Outlet Express 6.0. Don't know how to uninstall or back up the data. i.e., emails/addresses.
It doesn't appear that I have any other problems existing with Outlet Express except for the one email that will not open when I click on it and it will not delete when I click on delete. When I do click on it and try to delete it the hour glass appears and nothing else will happen and when I try to exit Outlet Express I get that window that has "End Program".
That is the only way to get out of OE. All other features of OE work.
Still open for suggestions on how to fix my problem. Maybe a reinstall of SP2?

#4 ·
I think that you are referring to Outlook Express and not Outlet? At any rate if you have an e-mail that will not delete in the inbox you can go to;

C:\Documents and Settings\"YOUR ACCOUNT"\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{THIS SECTION WILL HAVE A LOT OF NUMBERS AND LETTERS}\Microsoft\Outlook Express and delete the inbox or deleted items or wherever it is sitting. now start Outlook Express and it will recreate the file and it will be empty.

If you don't have "Show hidden Files" you'll have to do so by opening Explorer and going to Tools \ Folder Options \ View.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.