1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2000 and Win 7 & 8

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Ronat42, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronat42

Ronat42 Thread Starter

Having bought Office 2000 way back I have no use for any of the later versions and having been inflicted with WIn 8 I have come very close to giving up on PCs big time. I am now on my first Win 8 laptop after 2 previous laptops with Win 7 and then self builds going all the way back to DOS. The ongoing issue with WAB.DLL problems has wasted countless hours but, when solved, has generally been worthwhile to avoid using the increasingly over specified (for me) time wasting software which has followed. The installation of Office 2000 on a modern device gives the lightening more than adequate features which I enjoyed as a Mainframe Programmer. My salvation in recent years has been the ability to turn to my son with a request to remove the junk and leave the useful stuff. Unfortunately he now has useful employment and left home but he has given me the answer to the WAB.DLL problem which I have never been able to find as none of the offered solutions has ever worked. It is, and I quote,
    Copy the files:

wab32.dll wab32res.dll

from the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System

to the directory:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Works every time and ,as far as I am concerned, provides a path to sanity in my declining years.

Ron.

2. bradthediscoman

bradthediscoman

OUTSTANDING! WORKS! if you have windows 7 32 bit the second step is c:/windows/system32

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!