Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Outlook 2000 - No email!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  slurpee55 
#1 ·
I have used Outlook 2000 for many years as my main email client.
(Present OS: XP Home, SP2)

For some time I have been unable to SEND mail. Occasionally it does go but usually it hangs in the Outbox, eventually reporting that it can't find the server.

I had not changed my server settings but I have since tried changing them as my ISP kept changing hands - originally Freeserve, then Wanadoo and now Orange. This does not help.

But I could still RECEIVE email OK.

Then yesterday I found that I can longer receive mail either. Outlook seems to try and connect, something indiscernible flashes across the screen but no mail received - even when I know from accessing Orange Webmail that there is a stack of mail in my Inbox - mostly Spam!

I presume that it's an Oulook problem but haven't a clue as to what it might be.
Any ideas please? Any help would be very gratefully recreived!

Thanks, Bob J

See less See more
#2 ·
You might check with your ISP - a number have lately been blocking mail from port 25 (I think) in order to fight spam. If you are sending mail out under a company name, you might have to change your email settings to go out via the ISP's mail handling default.

#4 ·
Also verify that the POP and SMTP settings have not changed as ISPs are bought by one and then another they sometimes migrate them to another address.

#5 ·
Thanks guys.
By a process of elimination I have concluded that my firewall, Zone Alarm, is to blame.
I don't know why as I have used ZA for years now, admittedly with a few problems. I had changed nothing and bar a re-install of ZA I saw no solution. So I have now installed the Comodo firewall and everything is working fine again.
Thanks again for replying.
Cheers, Bob J

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.