1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2000

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wilyecajolery, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wilyecajolery

wilyecajolery Thread Starter

Hi there:

This morning I attempted to open Outlook 2000 as per normal - all that happens is that although the Outlook 2000 icon appears momentarily in the task bar at bottom of screen (just like it noramlly does when it is anout to open), it then disppears and the application does not start.

All other office programs work.

Please be aware if you can offer any advice I am complete novice at this kind of thing!

Thanks In Advance
    DJM

2. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420

Have you tried repairing your Office installation? If I remember correctly, there should be a repair option via the Add/Remove Programs (where you normally go when you want to uninstall something).

You may want your installation discs on hand, as the repair process may need them ;)

3. wilyecajolery

......thanks for advice I cannot find the disks. Technically speaking, am I therfore "screwed"?

4. wilyecajolery

also, just to be, I removed .pst files to another folder and created a new .pst log - this does not resolve. Trying to run Oulook via the Start menu does only throws up an error message (and does not start)

5. wilyecajolery

...spent about 10 hours today trying to resolve and read alot of web pages...so if your stuck too I recommed trying in to resolve in this order:

dat renaming
    scanpst to check corruption
    profile change

resources:

howto-outlook.com
    microsoft help and support section

LAST RESORT Reinstalling.......

No techie, but this worked for me

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice