1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2002

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by bivie, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bivie

bivie Thread Starter

Cannot send an e-mail using OL 2002. The e-mail is instantly returned with the following:eek:ur message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Test
    Sent: 1/30/2005 9:09 PM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

Gloria Stovall on 1/30/2005 9:09 PM
    550 not local host pepperlink.net, not a gateway
    I have check the account and the incoming mail server and sending mail server with no luck. I can reveive emails without a problem. Help

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

3. bivie

bivie Thread Starter

Thanks but this did not help. I read both of the post in your message but neither solved the problem. I have McAfee running but disabled all of it and tried again with not luck. Another suggestions

4. ~Candy~

Can you set up a new account and see if you have the same problems with that?

Something is definitely out of whack with some setting. Did this EVER work?

5. bivie

bivie Thread Starter

Did not wrok. I changed the default account to my second emila account and the samething occured. System admin. Undelivered with the 550 error. I think I will give up.

Yes the email has worked for months. Just stopped in the last few days. I recently downloaded updates from McAfee for virus and firewall.

6. ~Candy~

Are you sure your ISP didn't make any changes? You might give them a call.

7. bivie

bivie Thread Starter

If I reinstall OL 2002 will this help and will I loose all of my address?

8. ~Candy~

I don't think so, if you do an overinstall, but I don't see how that is going to fix anything.

9. bivie

bivie Thread Starter

I called my ISP support line but got no help. I am going to bed because it is late. Will check this tommorrow. Thanks for all the help. YOu folks are great. Keep up the good work.

10. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

This is not one of those occasions where you have to be actually connected to the ISP in order to send email through them is it.???? I know there are quite a few ISPs changing the way that their SMTP servers validate the sending address. This is in an attempt to cut down on the use of the servers for spamming.

11. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

I agree with Dave.

Many are still changing to prevent "relaying" and that message is getting more prevalent. If you do connect to an ISP other than the one that hosts the smtp server, that will happen.

It does not affect received emails though.

12. bivie

bivie Thread Starter

I connect to the ISP that host the smtp server. I am still at a lost as to why it does not work

13. ~Candy~

Just for fun, I'd give them a call to see if anything has recently changed. Go to a supervisor level. My ISP made a change on me without telling me, and I could no longer send email from one email account.

14. bivie

bivie Thread Starter

I have just spent a hour with technical support. Still no luck with get OL2002 to send an email. Any other suggestions.

15. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Is this for all e-mail accounts or just that one?

From another web site:
    "This message indicates that the recipient specified in the RCPT command is not locally hosted on the server and relaying options prevent the message being forwarded to the recipient."

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325130

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice