1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2003 new email account issue - test settings fails

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by VanGroovy, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VanGroovy

VanGroovy Thread Starter

Hi - I am going insane here! :eek:

I have added a new email account on my isp website to our office Outlook 2003. All settings and passwords are correct - I can even view the darn new account via webmail so I am 100% sure this issue is with Outlook 2003...so..

I enter new email account (as per all the others we have) and the test settings fails as follows:

The Find outgoing server is In progress
    I am prompted for a password that is not accepted even though I set the darn thing both online and in the dialogue box in outlook.

I am using win XP, Outlook 2003. We have three email aco****s already in place that work fine, no errors or password prompts.

I have removed the new account from my isp and re-entered, and tried multiple times entereing a new email account in outlook.
    I even got the isp service to sed a reg file with my new email account settings in it to automatically enter the info into new account.
    I have turned off firewall - same issue.

Is there something I need to delete - change inthe registry?
    I have tried searchin the Forums but nothing pertinent and can't spend all day browsing - sorry!

Many Thanks for your time

2. navin_bvr

navin_bvr

please post ur email settings screenshots here...you dont need to setup or registry setups.

3. VanGroovy

VanGroovy Thread Starter

oh my gosh...aint that just the way - I post this, then figure it out!! I hope this helps anyone else who has the same issue...

In the More Settings dislogue box, the outgoing server name was defaulted as the Mail account name.

All I did was replace it with the new email address ...voila. Bizzarre!

4. VanGroovy

VanGroovy Thread Starter

...thanks for your time btw, Navin_br!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!