1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Chris286, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Chris286

Chris286 Thread Starter

I am trying to create a signature for email in Outlook 2003 that includes the company logo. I follow all the instructions but when I send a message the logo appears as only a small box with the red x. All the type appears and is positioned correctly. I have tried using different formats for the graphic: PNG, JPG, EPS, HTML but nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong? My preferences are not set to text only for mail.
    Can anybody help? I am wasting far too much time on this.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Who are you sending the message to, Chris? Perhaps they've got their Outlook set NOT to display images.... Send a test to [email protected] the website shown below (please remind me that you're Chris286 from TSG). I have my settings to show graphics.

3. Chris286

Chris286 Thread Starter

Thanks, Anne.
    I am emailing you from the office to see if it comes across. Let me know how it turns out and any suggestions you might have.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Nope. No logo. How are you inserting it?

5. Chris286

Chris286 Thread Starter

I go to Tools - Options - Mail Format - Signatures; then go into the Advanced editor. I have tried using a jpg, bmp, gif... all different formats for the logo but nothing seems to be right. Is there something I'm not doing right?

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Okay. Don't use advanced. Just go into the sig box, right-click and Insert pic. Try that.

When you use advanced is when it might be html, which would require that you insert a picture that's stored on the web.

7. Chris286

Chris286 Thread Starter

Thanks Ann, that worked great. I appreciate all your help.

8. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Sure! Glad I could help. Mark your thread solved by using the Thread Tools menu... :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435994

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice