1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2007 can't delete folder

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by klingenfelter, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. klingenfelter

klingenfelter Thread Starter

In Outlook 2007 all the folders under inbox cannot be deleted. I get a message "Cannot delete this folder. Right-click the folder, and then click properties to check your permissions for the folder. See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions. Folder is full."

I am the administrator (the only user of this computer). When I right click on the folder and look at Administration tab the buttons associated with permissions are greyed out.

What do I need to do the delete folders maually added by me under the inbox

Thanks Keith Lingenfelter

2. Alternatech

Alternatech

My only thought right now is to close out of Outlook and delete the .ost file. If the inbox is located in a pst file, then the pst if full potentially.

3. klingenfelter

klingenfelter Thread Starter

Thanks

I figured out that pst files created under outlook 2003 or earlier are limited to about 2 gbyte size. I made new pst files under outlok 2007 and copied and imports emails, tasks and caledar dates and am OK now.

Keith

4. Alternatech

Alternatech

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914893

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice