Solved: Outlook 2007 - Double Spacing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Something happened to my Outlook 2007 at work. I could ask IT for support but their answer to this type of problem is to install a new image on the machine (i.e: wipe the drive and re-image it).

When composing and replying to any messages, all paragraphs are double spaced. I have checked to be sure I am using the 'Normal' template, and under Format Text > Paragraph, line spacing is set to 'Single'. Looks like this:

Code:
John,

Please provide a quote for 12345.

Best Regards,

John Doe

ABC Corporation

1234 Fifth St

Any Town, USA

Ph: (555) 555-1212
Any ideas?

Edit: I don't have this problem when composing a document in Word 2007, so I don't think it is the normal.dotm template (unless Outlook and Word use separate templates).

The template file used by the email editor is different from the template that is used when you use Word as a stand alone application. Look for the system file called normalemail.dotm and delete it once found and it will be re-created the next time Outlook starts.

Rollin

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Thanks, I will give it a try when I get to work.

Edit:
I tried your suggestion and it works perfectly for new messages I send, and for replies to messages received after the fix.

It didn't work for replies to messages that were already in my Inbox yesterday, but I can live with that,

Thanks for helping me fix it for mail from today forward.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online