Solved: Outlook 2007 hangs in Windows 7 home professional

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

revis

I purchased Microsoft Office 2007 to install on my new Gateway computer using Windows 7 home professional. My problem is Outlook hangs and doesn't respond despite all my efforts. Even loading in safe mode it hangs.When it asks for server name and password I enter it then everything stalls. I have tried repairing it, and entering a new office profile. Nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

Hey Revis,

Does it work if you use Safe mode? Hold Ctrl as you click the Outlook icon to restart Outlook.

Cheers,
Kim
Windows Outreach Team

revis

Hey Revis,

Does it work if you use Safe mode? Hold Ctrl as you click the Outlook icon to restart Outlook.

Cheers,
Kim
Windows Outreach Team
No, I actually tried that before with the same result. What always happens is before it hangs a login box pops up and asks for the password to my email account (which is set up properly). After entering my password then the program stalls. I tried setting up an additional user profile carefully checking my various settings. This new profile also requests a password. I have the same problem there also.

Hmm...sounds to me like you might have an Outlook configuration problem on your hands. Here is a pretty robust resource that has some basic and advanced troubleshooting resources for configuring your Outlook and getting your profile to save the password. I think it might be a helpful tool for you.

Source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684/en-us

There's also another resource about configuring a new profile for Outlook 2007, here: http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Outlook_2007. I'm sure you've set it up correctly, but since you've experienced some problems even with the new profile, it might be worth checking out, too.

Let me know if these resources help. If not, I can continue digging.

Good luck!
Cheers,
Kim
Windows Outreach Team

revis

The problem is solved! The trouble was caused by my configuration in outlook of the proper way to enter my user name which in my case was entered incompletely. Thanks All

Sweet! Glad you got it figured out. It's always such a pain when you're not able to access your email....I've had to learn the hard way a time or two.

If you get a sec, be sure to mark the thread "Solved" so that we can all benefit from the info!

Cheers,
Kim
Windows Outreach Team

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts