1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2007 Message Font

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by RHurlburt, Dec 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RHurlburt

RHurlburt Thread Starter

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 received messages sometimes look like big fuzzy balls. I have changed my email settings to HTML, Plain Text and Rich Text. I have changed the "Internet" setting as well.

I have Word 2007 "normal" set to Lucida Bright and Outlook set to the same font as well.

Has anyone experienced this problem and is there a fix?

Some of the received emails I have copied and pasted into Word, and it varies as to whether or not the font will change from the "fuzz balls" to standard font.

Thanks
    Richard

2. RHurlburt

RHurlburt Thread Starter

It appears that these messages are using font NOT part of the 2007 package: Times New Roman is one of them. Seems to default in appearance to: Mary Jane deGroot

The 2007 package includes only the fonts on this page. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924623

Notice some TTF missing and those will apparently default to the Mary Jane font, or something similar. I am using the Enterprise package and it appears that a few more fonts are missing as I used the "Typical" installation feature.

Just one more problem faced.

3. RHurlburt

RHurlburt Thread Starter

OK.
    Here is my solution. I loaded both the Word Normal and the Email Normal templates and changed the option to "match destination format", which would take care of incoming messages as well as the cut and paste options.

That seems to have taken care of it.

Richard

4. RHurlburt

RHurlburt Thread Starter

The above didn't work ... but, I found the Times New Roman fonts for free, downloaded and installed. The problem is now FIXED!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/664865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice