1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2007 suddenly only sends & hangs on receive

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kpleahy, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpleahy

kpleahy Thread Starter

For 2 days I have tried to figure this out! I have 1 laptop, 1 desktop and a droid that all retrieve my email from a charter POP3 account. They have all worked beautifully since set up months ago. A couple days ago - the laptop stopped receiving email, but will send. Here is what I tried:

checked accoutn settings - all identical to desktop which is working fine.
    turned off firewall - no change
    did a system restore to the day before it all started - no change
    created a new profile and then deleted the old one - no change
    Uninstalled a recent Outlook 2007 Security update - no change

I don't know what else to try. When Outlook either manually or automatically tries to send/receive, send goes through and then it hangs on "send/receive status 50%" indefinitely. This seems like an easy one - but I am sooooo frustrated. Can anyone help? i searched the forum and could not find this exact problem. I feel like it is related to the updates but I did the restore to no avail!

Kathy

2. kpleahy

kpleahy Thread Starter

One more thing - a test message from account settings DOES go through and IS received. That is the only thing I can receive.

3. kpleahy

kpleahy Thread Starter

And another thing! The Microsoft Office 2007 SP2 was just installed and the update cannot be uninstalled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice