1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2007 won't start--see error message

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kiki2, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiki2

kiki2 Thread Starter

When I attempt to start Outlook 2007 using the Microsoft XP system, I get the following message:

"Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file c:\Documents and Settings\Jere\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\NewPST61509.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help."

I used the Microsoft Outlook 2007 install disk to first repair, then re-install the program...to no avail. I have rebooted a few times...again to no avail. I used Run with scanpst.exe, and nothing happens. I attempted to follow the file name to its end, but I did not find an Inbox Repair Tool...thus no Scanpst.exe.

What to do, please?

Kiki2

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Did you use the "Scanpst" file to scan your PST file like the error message states?

You will fine this exe file at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\SCANPST.EXE" on a 64 bit machine
    or at "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\SCANPST.EXE" on a 32 bit machine.

You will then need to know where your "PST" file is, so you can browse to it when the scanpst program gets started?

3. kiki2

kiki2 Thread Starter

DaveA,

I followed the thread, and the "scanpst" file is not there. I searched for the file on the disk, and all my queries generate no such file. I would appreciate your other suggestions. Thanks. Kiki2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920529

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice