1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2010 Data File Problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hrmollie, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hrmollie

hrmollie Thread Starter

Hi—
    For reasons that seemed like a good idea at the time, I decided to rename the partition where I store my data. I read an MS instruction on doing this, but in order to get the letter I wanted for the data partition, I did several renamings to move things around. Again, it seemed like it made sense at the time. Sigh.

As a result, I can access the data when I open Outlook, but am unable to send or receive mail. I get the following message: “Task – ‘Sending’ reported error (0x8004010F) : ‘Outlook data file cannot be accessed.’ I get the same error message for receiving. I copied the data file to another computer and am able to access, send and receive messages on it, so I know the data file is okay.

The e-mail settings are correct; in fact they are the same as the settings on the other computer, so I know the settings are correct.

I tried uninstalling Outlook and reinstalling it, but got the same messages.

I’m not sure what I need to do next – reinstall windows?

It seems like the problem must have something to do with where Outlook is looking for the files, but I don’t know where to look for that.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Obviously, I haven't posted for awhile: my correct system configuration is:
    Mollie
    Dell XPS
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7
    Office 2010
    Firefox 18.0.2

2. vinayak86

vinayak86

Hi hrmollie,
    did u created New outlook profile?.
    or make on Outlook data file (pst) for testing purpose and see wat happen.
    If still having problem then it might be problem with the user profile. try to login in Administrator profile and check OR u can make new user profile.Possibly ur problem may solved

Thanks

3. hrmollie

hrmollie Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply vinayak86--I had tried setting up a new profile, but kept getting an error message. I think I was trying to do it from the wrong place. I tried going to Control Panel/Mail/Profiles and it worked, so my mail is back. Yay!

4. vinayak86

vinayak86

U r most welcome Dear............

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089674

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice