1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2010 - email stuck

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ungeek, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ungeek

ungeek Thread Starter

Hello all:

Made the mistake of trying to send a huge email through Outlook... now it is stuck and can't find a way to get rid of it. Seems to be sucking up memory and besides that it is irritating.

I'm using an Earthlink email address. My internet service is a local one and offers 4G.

What do you suggest?

Thanks.

2. 20_2_Many

20_2_Many

if the item is stuck in your outbox, you may not be able to delete it until you set Outlook to work Offline (Send / Receive then Work Offline from the Ribbon). Note: This may not be instantaneous - you may need to let it sit in Offline for a while before you can go to your Outbox and delete the stuck mail.

3. ungeek

ungeek Thread Starter

I couldn't find how to get it offline and started trying things myself.. Outlook froze on me, but that was because of the "fix."

Couldn't find "work offline." I figured out if I could stop Outlook from trying to send, then I could just delete the email which is what happened.

My strategy: Had to make it let go and changed the setting so Outlook didn't send on start-up. Then it locked up when I tried to start again. Re-installed and did a repair with my program disk. It is all good as new, again.

Appreciate your input.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice