1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2010 font in New e-mails and Replies are as small as a pin head

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Twistedsister, Aug 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Twistedsister

Twistedsister Thread Starter

I just started using Outlook 2010 (using Windows XP on my Acer Notebook) and it worked fine for a few days but then, as I was typing a reply to an e-mail, the letters got as small as a pin head. Both the original e-mail font and my reply are so small I can barely see them. My original e-mails were working fine until a couple days later and they started doing the same thing. The letters are the size of a period. I have read other questions and answers regarding this issue so I went into Format Text, as they said to do, but I can not find a way to enlarge the text to 100%. I can change the font and size in the box in my replies and new e-mails but as soon as I do and go back to typing my e-mail the font and font size boxes go blank and the letters are extremely small. If this helps, Outlook works fine on my Dell computer. I am a computer illiterate so this may be an easy fix (I hope so) but I haven't been able to find the fix. Thank you so much for this service. It is a blessing for those of us who have no where else to turn with problems!

2. Twistedsister

3. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Can you post a screen shot so we can see what you are getting?

4. Pedro15

Pedro15

Not familiar with Outlook but perhaps View/Zoom might assist , if that function is available.

Pedro

5. DaveA

DaveA David Trusted Advisor

Try holding the Control key and scrolling the wheel on the mouse. This will increase or decrease the viewing scal.

6. msft_eagle

msft_eagle

7. Twistedsister

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!! DaveA's suggestion of holding down the Control key and scrolling the wheel on the mouse worked. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate everyone's help. I am thrilled to be able to use my e-mail again. Thank you again. This is a wonderful web site, especially for people like me who know very little about computers.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/945625