1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 2010 IMAP issue...Sent Items disappear

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Protech, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protech

Protech Thread Starter

Recently upgraded Outlook 2007 to 2010 on a Win7 PC to address a bug in Outlook '07 whereby any deleted messages magically reappeared after 5 seconds. All other IMAP synchronization worked fine. That problem thankfully no longer occurs with the new Outlook '10 version.

However, a new problem now happens consistently in Outlook 2010 that I've been unable to resolve. When sending a new message, the message is delivered to the recipient normally, but there is absolutely NO copy of it anywhere to be found...either in Outlook or on the IMAP server. It just disappears. What DOES show in the "Sent Items" IMAP folder are all messages sent from two other devices (another PC running Outlook 2003 and a smart phone) that are correctly syncing with IMAP. I've checked all Outlook settings, even experimented with changing the "Send" options in IMAP settings, all to no avail. :confused:

Any ideas of what to check/change next? If I need to provide more info please advise.

Thanks much.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Turn off the other devices that are using IMAP and see if the sent items folder populates correctly.

3. Protech

Protech Thread Starter

Thanks for that suggestion, Rockn. I wasn't able to test that idea today, but I luckily did stumble upon the solution... By ticking the option "Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder" in the Outlook 2010 mail settings, all is working fine now! Duh, simple solution that I overlooked before :eek:. All along I thought is was an IMAP issue when it wasn't.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025746

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice