Solved: Outlook 2010 people receiving a different font?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

raygdw

I have been sending messages perfectly happily but today people are receiving parts of their email with the font messed up.
For example.
SENT: However maybe we’ll just have to do it as we have for the time being if Ray doesn’t mind when he sends it across and you send across the (normally £100 every 3 months) £200 this time please.

RECEIVED: However maybe we’ll just have to do it as we have for the time being if Ray doesn’t mind when he sends it across and you send across the (normally £100 every 3 months) £200 this time please.

Any suggestions?

etaf

Wayne
outlook 2012 ?
dont know that version

outlook 2010 & 2013 for windows
outlook 2011 for OSX

what do you have

is everyone having the issue

how is outlook connected to the email service - is this a company exchange service
or
are you using a consumer type email system, gmail, outlook.com etc

as an experiment , try changing the font and see if that helps

seems to be £ and '

raygdw

Correction. Outlook 2010.
No idea why I typed 2012.
I have only had this complaint from one contact.
Outlook connects to the internet from a personal computer via BT

etaf

Wayne
I have only had this complaint from one contact.

perhaps the issue is on there end, i have seen this sort of thing happen on certain email servers that corrupt the text

if you want you can send me a couple of test emails - using the same text

etaf

Wayne
sent via a PM - should never put email address into public forums

etaf

Wayne
Hi

Thank you for your help on TechGuy.

Here is the text I was trying to send.

Ray

Hi Ann,

Here is a copy of the details I received from Julie

“They haven’t had a church account up until now and it is better for auditors that it goes to a church account rather than a person really.

I haven’t got a money gram account and I would have to get the money from the church first so a bit fiddly?

However maybe we’ll just have to do it as we have for the time being if Ray doesn’t mind when he sends it across and you send across the (normally £100 every 3 months) £200 this time please. Erick will then have to put it in the church account himself?

Will that work Ray or would you really rather not muddle it with TLC money? Let us know if not and we’ll think again.

Thanks everyone

Julie”

raygdw

OK Thanks seems as if the problem must be their end. That is a relief. Thank you very much for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online