1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook 7 currupt?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by australia, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. australia

australia Thread Starter

I am using Windows XP & have Office Word 2007.(this Word has been installed for nearly 2 years with no problems ).In Outlook, I have a major problem that will not let me move/print/send/delete anything in Outlook that has been in the computer before 25-1-2010. All the emails that I thought were deleted prior to that, did not delete. I have sent/inbox/deleted email clogging up my computer.This is the message I get

The file C:\Documents and settings\Elizabeth\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.PST are in use and cannot be accessed. Close any application using this file and then try again.

I now have a Gmail address too, mainly for storage space. I do not want to uninstall Outlook as I have folders/photos/contacts and so on I really need. I can open them still but cannot export or send them. I know there is SCANPST.EXE but I could not get it to work. This is probably a unusual problem and I do think it is all connected back to what has overloaded Outlook. I hope someone can help me here. Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice