1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook Address Book now showing up in 'Contacts'

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by trapjan723, Apr 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. trapjan723

trapjan723 Thread Starter

I have WINDOWS 7 - in my Microsoft Outlook email, all of a sudden my Outlook Address Book shows up as 'Contacts' when I open my Address Book. This just happened recently. I must have pushed some buttons unknowingly to make this switch. How do I get my Address Book back under 'Outlook Address Book' so that I don't have to click on the down arrow and then click onto 'Contacts' --- thanks much.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

3. trapjan723

Thanks ~ I've read more of the Microsoft information and it appears they recommend Contacts as the default so I will leave my address book there, The problem I was having is that I don't ever see the "tools" link to click on and I'm afraid to try too much new stuff for fear I'll lose all my addresses. Thanks again. tj

4. EAFiedler

Providing us with the version of Microsoft Outlook you are running will help pinpoint where the Address Book > Tools button is located in your version.

5. trapjan723

The version I have is: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.

6. EAFiedler

I went back over Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 and the Tools button appears in the same place for each version.
    Click the Address Book button, look on the Menu bar when the dialogue box opens.
    If you still don't see it, perhaps your Menu bar is hidden?

7. trapjan723

Thanks for email -- when I open up my 'Address Book' there are only 2 things in the drop-down window -- (1) Outlook Address Book (which is now empty) and (2) Contacts (where all my addresses now reside). My addresses used to always be in the Outlook Address window and they mysteriously ended up in Contacts recently. There is no Menu Bar visible when I open Address Book. Is it possible that one of the recent Microsoft Updates that automatically appear changed the location of my addresses? If my Menu Bar is hidden, I don't know where to find it !!! thx again, tj

8. EAFiedler

My apologies for the delay.

The following screenshots are of Microsoft Outlook 2003 and 2007. This window has the menu bar that I am referring.
    Are you looking at the same window?

Attached Files:

9. trapjan723

Many thanks to EAFiedler who stuck with me over a period of time and finally helped solve my problem -- the last email from EAF with the display of the 2007 Version did the trick for me !!! Clicking on the little book icon worked and I now have the Address Book opening up where I need it. So great to have this help ...... hugs ...... tj

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice