Solved: Outlook Address Book will not pick up addresses from Contacts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

Using Outlook 2003 and Windows 2000 Pro.

I have managed to export my Eudora e-mail addresses from Eudora Pro 6 to Outlook Express (because they would not go directly to Outlook) and then to Outlook 2003 Contacts; but, I cannot get the e-mail addresses in the Contacts list to show up in the Outlook 2003 (e-mail) Address book.

When I click on Tools> Address Book, I get an error monologue that says:
The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you may not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Office Outlook Help.
As is typical of most error messages from Microsoft programs, the message is absolutely correct and absolutely useless.

It may or may not be helpful to know that I did not allow Outlook to store its PST file in its default location. I moved it to drive D where I store all user-created data.

Help is greatly appreciated and if I didn't furnish enough information, please ask.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online