1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook contacts

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by hhallmark, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hhallmark

hhallmark Thread Starter

Using Outlook 2002. I purchased a new computer so I copied my Outlook files into the new computer. My saved emails and my contacts all show up fine. However, when I type a new email to send, it does not find the contact list when I click on the “TO” button. Does anyone know what I need to do to access my contacts from the NEW MAIL MESSAGE screen? Thank you.

2. WendyM

WendyM Retired Trusted Advisor

From your tree of folders, right-click the "Contacts" folder and choose "Properties". Go to the "Outlook Address Book" tab and check the box for "show this folder as an email Address Book." Hope that helps!

3. hhallmark

hhallmark Thread Starter

Thanks Wendy. I actually tried that but it didn't work. I did this once before, but I don't remember what setting I changed to make it work! I'll keep at it till I figure it out!!

4. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi hhallmark

Do you have more than one Contact list?
    When clicking the To... button,
    click the drop down arrow for: Show names from the:
    and select another Contacts folder.

If you find this is the case, you can make the selection permanent by opening the Address Book
    Tools > Options
    Click the drop down arrow for: Show this address list first
    and make the change there.
    Apply, OK to save and close.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

5. hhallmark

hhallmark Thread Starter

To EA Fiedler:
    Thank you so much! Your suggestion worked. I have printed your reply for future reference!
    Best regards,
    Helma Hallmark

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice