Solved: Outlook contacts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hhallmark

Using Outlook 2002. I purchased a new computer so I copied my Outlook files into the new computer. My saved emails and my contacts all show up fine. However, when I type a new email to send, it does not find the contact list when I click on the “TO” button. Does anyone know what I need to do to access my contacts from the NEW MAIL MESSAGE screen? Thank you.

WendyM

Retired Trusted Advisor
From your tree of folders, right-click the "Contacts" folder and choose "Properties". Go to the "Outlook Address Book" tab and check the box for "show this folder as an email Address Book." Hope that helps!

hhallmark

WendyM said:
From your tree of folders, right-click the "Contacts" folder and choose "Properties". Go to the "Outlook Address Book" tab and check the box for "show this folder as an email Address Book." Hope that helps!
Thanks Wendy. I actually tried that but it didn't work. I did this once before, but I don't remember what setting I changed to make it work! I'll keep at it till I figure it out!!

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi hhallmark

Do you have more than one Contact list?
When clicking the To... button,
click the drop down arrow for: Show names from the:
and select another Contacts folder.

If you find this is the case, you can make the selection permanent by opening the Address Book
Tools > Options
Click the drop down arrow for: Show this address list first
and make the change there.
Apply, OK to save and close.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

hhallmark

To EA Fiedler:
Thank you so much! Your suggestion worked. I have printed your reply for future reference!
Best regards,
Helma Hallmark

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!