Solved: outlook delivery problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

granbjd22

for months now I have been told by others i deal with, that when they send me an email it 'bounces back' to them, like I'm not gonna get it.(which i DO). I have windows XP pro.and use outlook express 6. Here is what i get when I send an email to myself:

A message (from <[email protected]>) was received at 24 Oct 2005 0:42:22 +0000.

The following addresses had delivery problems:

<[email protected]>
Permanent Failure: 554_<[email protected]>:_Relay_access_denied
Delivery last attempted at Mon, 24 Oct 2005 00:42:23 -0000

I don't know where this '[email protected]' is comming from?? In my account settings, there is just my one address...no other accounts. PLEASE, can someone help me! :mad:

bearone2

Banned
in tools/accounts check to see that the pop3 and smtp server address + your login/password are correct.

granbjd22

it's a spam program for outlook express i purchased a long time ago. www.qurb.com
I don't know of any way Qurb could be doing anything to my email address.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
I tried out Qurb and so far I have not seen where Qurb is changing my email address.

See if creating a new Identity in Outlook Express has the same results:
Create a new Identity:
File > Identities > Add New Identity
Name the Identity
Click Yes when asked if you want to switch to the new Identity.
Cancel out of Importing or Upgrading if the option is given.
Recreate your E-mail account.
Send yourself a test message and see if you receive the same error.

If the error occurs in the new Identity, do you have any other anti-spam programs running?

You don't happen to have the Reply Address: field in the e-mail account setup to be: [email protected] ?
Tools > Accounts > (Account Name) > Properties > General tab

granbjd22

thank you, it worked. i did a new identity and this seem to be working now!:)

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Great! :)

Any problems moving the messages and Address Book from the old Identity to the new Identity?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
No messages to move over?

If there is anything else you need help with, let us know, otherwise you can mark your thread solved using the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top of the page.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online