Solved: Outlook Express 6.0 can't receive emails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shyling

Hi everyone, I don't know why this problem started as my emails have been fine before. Now I keep getting an error message everytime I try to receive emails, I can send. I was told it had something to do with my firewall etc, so I fixed that and turned off my virus scanners too and tried but no luck. The error message I keep getting is...Unknown error has occurred. Protocol:pOP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, error number:0x800C0133. I hope someone can help me please. I am not that technical either, so if anyone can help me please keep it simple. Thanks heaps. Shar:rolleyes:

shyling

Hi, tried deleting files but still can't receive emails. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated please. Thanks...Shar :confused:

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi shyling

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Can you login to the mail server?
There may be a message on the mail server that is unable to download.

You should be able to create a new folder on the mail server and move all the messages in the Inbox folder into the new folder. Then send a message addressed to yourself from Outlook Express to see if the receiving will work.

If receiving starts to work in Outlook Express, move a dozen messages, on the mail server, from the new folder into the Inbox, on the mail server, to see if those messages will download into Outlook Express.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

shyling

Hiya, Thank you for all your help. In the end I ended up just compacting all the files and it worked. Think I need to find the old emails and delete them..lol

Great site (y)

Thanks heaps
Shar ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online