1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Outlook Express 6- can't send files by email

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bellisimo, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellisimo

bellisimo Thread Starter

I've just had a problem with Outlook Express that I've never encountered before. When I right click on a document and select Send To, and then Mail Recipient, I get a message now that says-

No profiles have been created. To create a new profile, use the Mail icon in the Contro Panel.

Could this have been caused by any of three new security updates from Microsoft yesterday?

I tried to remove them but it cautioned me that several programs on my computer may not work properly if I uninstall them. I send files to lots of people and I don't want the hassle of of creating a new profile every time I do.

Thanks in advance.

2. Claymore

Claymore

3. bellisimo

bellisimo Thread Starter

Thank you, Claymore,

All I had to do was make Outlook Express my default mail handler. I mightn't have discovered it without your suggestions.

Much appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/935740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice